- more info
- You would like to ?
Port of Cannes
Port of Golfe-Juan
Port of Antibes - Gallice
Port of Antibes - Vauban
An increasing number of environmentally-friendly pleasure boaters in our ports
The 2018 Pavillon Vert (green flag) operation met with great success: this summer, more than 1’200 visiting pleasure boaters were made aware of environmental issues in the ports of Cannes, Golfe-Juan, Antibes-Gallice, Antibes-Vauban and Nice.
Since 2009, the CCI Nice Côte d’Azur is mobilising its teams, and in particular its seasonal workers, to proactively reach out to pleasure boaters when the frequentation of the ports reaches its peak.
Some environmentally-friendly reflexes are the same as at home:
- Monitoring water and power consumption,
- Waste recycling and disposal in certain designated areas of the port,
- Favouring biodegradable and eco-friendly products.
Others are specific to leisure boating
- Using the sanitary facilities of the port,
- Eliminating waste water discharge in our ports or in the coastal strip by using the harbours’ waste water collection systems.
To show our gratitude to eco-friendly pleasure boaters, and to support them in their actions to protect the environment during their stay, they were awarded a gift bag containing waste recycling bin bags and nautical products that are easily biodegradable in seawater.
Let’s work together for a clean sea!
Mme Florence Lacroix